1. Thank You Notes! It made my day yesterday to open my mailbox and find a hand written thank you note from a June 2011 bride. I was already super excited to shoot her wedding next year and the note was just the icing on the cake! It is getting pinned up on my Inspiration Board!
2. Coupons! I have to say yes I’m one of those people that feel the need to use my coupons. Especially the 40% off coupons Ann Taylor Loft sends out. C’mon it is 40% off, who cares if I don’t need that new top it is a waste to not get it at 40% off. Thank goodness I have to battle Central Park to get to the nearest Loft or I would be in serious trouble. As it is I’m too lazy to drive the 30min. Oh and Michael’s 40% off, oh yeah I’ve used more of those then I could count in a lifetime probably. If I don’t have one I find one from Jo-Ann’s and they accept those too!!! I’m never paying full price for ribbon again 😉 lol! So yes if you give me a coupon I feel the urge to use it because it is a discount and I’m a programmed discount shopper. Anytime I purchase anything online I look for a coupon before I check out. Just saved 10% at the Container Store by taking an extra couple minutes to find a coupon!!
3. Dog Grooming Day! Today the girls get dropped off at Sitting Pretty Pet Salon where they do a fabulous job of grooming my girls. We participate in the shedless program which means when they come home and I hug them fur isn’t flying everywhere. Oh and they are soooo soft!!! Like want to cuddle with them all day and night because they feel so silky and soft. They come home with cute matching bandanas that I save and put on them whenever we have a party. Yes I’m that mom. Their appt today was purposely scheduled so they will not meet the Comcast man, see more about that in my Hate It! section. The last time the Comcast man was here the girls came up to the door so loud and fast he backed off the porch entirely! So instead they will be getting all dolled up and I get to collect the extra fur they’ve left behind at home. After today though we get about 2-3 weeks with no fur tumbleweeds around the house!
1. Comcast! Last week our internet just went down randomly during the day and they would reappear at night and early in the morning. While normally this would not be such an issue it is now that I’m working from home. It is amazing how important the internet is nowadays. My ordeal with Comcast has involved two appts, a week of spotty internet, them blaming my equipment and wanting to charge me $50 to troubleshoot. I bit the bullet and bought a new all in one modem and now my appt is for them to move it to my office and set it up for $21. Now if they leave today and I still have spotty internet I have to call them again and place a new ticket for them to troubleshoot my signal. While the customer service person I’ve talked to has been very nice it is the Comcast policies that are getting a big fail from me. This is the first time I’ve called them with an issue and it is taking a week to get any kind of resolution. Not very happy here Comcast!!!
2. Taking the Boat out of the Water! So not only is it sad to take our boat out of the water because it means not being able to use it but it is a pain. Really I should not complain too much, there aren’t too many sailboats you can trailer to the launch, setup and put in the water yourself. But it takes about an hour or so to setup/teardown and then you have to make sure you hit within an hour of high tide or you end up stuck on the dock. Been there done that! Oh and it has been so hot lately that I’ve never sweated so much in my life as when I do pulling the boat out of the water. You know that new Axe deodorant commercial, yeah I feel like that. EEEWWWWW!!! I hate being hot and I hate being soaked in sweat, I want my air conditioning. Next summer the boat goes in in May/June and won’t come out until Sept, we are getting a slip next year!!!
3. Dead Things! So I’m not going to go into all the details here but I can tell you my lovely kitten has taken to wanting to provide for the family. This involves dead things being brought home. Apparently she is very good at this judging by the number of dead things. Her outside time just got cut off!